[SNEC] Summary of Comments Received about Re-naming SNEC

CJ Fearnley [email protected]
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:56:19 -0500

Thank you all for contributing to my request for comments on renaming
SNEC!  This was not democratic, so some people have two votes recorded.
And being an out-of-the box group, you all doubled the size of the list
with new suggestions!  At least one of these was intended as a joke by
the submitter, I left it in to preserve the integrity of all comments
received.  I edited for spelling, clarity, and brevity.  If some of
these names / comments / ideas impress you, let me know.

List of proposed names for SNEC:
  Synergetics Collaborative (rt, hm, ja)
  The Synergeticists (tz, pm)
  Synergetics Collective (tz, va)
  Synergetics Coalition (rt, jn)
  Synergetics Connections (bl)
  Synergetic or Sinergetic Connections (bc)
  Synergetics Co-operative (am)
  The Synergetics Association (hb)
  Association for Synergetics Research and Applications (hb)
  Association for Synergetics Applications (hb)
  The Synergetics Group (rn)
  Sinergetic Convergences (bc)
  Synergetic Structures (bc)
  Synergy Collaborative (db)
  Synergy Group (db)
  Synergetics Central (ku)
  Synergetics Cabal (ku)
  Synergetic Collaborators (tc)
  Synergetics Aggregate (jd)
  Synergetics Cohort

Synergetics Collaborative leads in the non-democratic voting.  It might
even be best, I haven't decided yet.  The educational function SNEC
serves plus our interest in including scientists (as hb argues below)
suggest that maybe we can do better.  Of course, we must acknowledge
Fuller's artistic and architectural roots as well.  Synergetics, to me,
is more than science, art, or architecture.  It also evokes action: a
"critical path" to make the world better.  Maybe SNEC ought to transcend
the limitations of historical models of scientific and professional
organizations and prototype the way to a new type of organization that
is scientific, professional, arty, and incisively effective for 100%
of humanity.  Also, the concepts of design and engineering are, to me,
intrinsic to "Synergetics".  Anyone want to tackle these objectives in
naming our group?  And try to preserve the SNEC acronym, too?

Comments rece